Konica Minolta is one of the world's leading providers of office communication products and is considered a pioneer in the industry thanks to its innovative technologies and commitment to sustainability. So that Konica Minolta can continue to use their products to optimize customer processes and increase productivity, CAS Merlin CPQ supports them throughout the sales process in order to be able to configure the optimal products for their customers.
The project at a glance
- Configuration of hardware, software and services related to printing systems and digitization projects
- Hierarchical modeling of the product landscape
- Complex price calculations
- Output of offer and price lists corresponding to the selected product configuration
- Integration with SAP ERP and Microsoft Dynamics CRM system
Uses and advantages
- Faster and more individual quotation process for customized multifunction systems
- Around 80% of product knowledge is modeled centrally for all of Europe - regional adjustments are then implemented
- Seamless integration into the existing system landscape
- Internal workflows are accelerated through greater transparency and knowledge transfer
- Efficient sales process due to fully automated, error-free quotations
Highly complex requirements
Needless to say, Konica Minolta had individual and specific requirements for both the supplier and the product itself. The company did not want a standard tool, but rather a product that had already been optimized in the development phase to the extent that it would fit their individual needs.
CAS Merlin scored highly in this area as a CPQ solution.
Jörg Bittenbinder, EPC Manager Europe at Konica Minolta says: "CAS Merlin CPQ was the only CPQ system in our selection at the time that could map the entire complexity of our products and services."
Professionalism at the highest level
The company benefits greatly from the interface between CAS Merlin CPQ and the ERP system being used. This interface to the ERP, in which all material and customer master data is stored, means that the replacement of equipment can be organized quickly and easily.
The interface between CAS Merlin CPQ and the ERP SAP means that employees always have an overview of the individual equipment location data, which is particularly important for the after-sales area. Service teams can thus react quickly and efficiently and schedule a technician immediately with the appropriate spare parts for a repair.
One button replaces manual effort
As is common practice at many companies, before the introduction of CAS Merlin CPQ, Konica Minolta employees worked with Excel lists in which the individual products and their respective accessories were listed. This process not only took a long time, it was also prone to errors. CAS Merlin CPQ provides a remedy for this.
"With CAS Merlin CPQ, we work more efficiently because the enormous manual effort is eliminated. From delivery details and configuration data to logistics planning, the sales employee can transfer all the information that is important for creating quotations directly into the system at the touch of a button," says Jörg Bittenbinder.
Read the full case study to learn how Konica Minolta benefits from the symbiosis of CAS Merlin CPQ with its existing ERP system, which user groups use the solution, and what the future holds for the company.
Strengthen your sales success
Contact us, we'll gladly assist you.
Do you have further quetions or wish additional information about our CPQ-solution? We'll gladly assist you on the way to your success-story with CAS Merlin CPQ.